Push Events to the University Calendar
Which events can I publish to the University calendar?
Events published on the University calendar are considered public events and must conform with the BYU Speakers and Events Policy. This policy states that "...any event that (1) is intended for an audience broader than a single college or educational support unit, (2) will be open to the media, or (3) is planned to be streamed publicly or recorded to be shown online, event organizers must obtain approvals from the applicable department chair or director and from the applicable dean or executive director. Once these approvals are obtained, approval must be obtained from the responsible vice president..." (see the full policy for exceptions). These approvals must be obtained before
How to push an event to the calendar
- Open your website in the Brightspot editor interface.
- Create a new event or open a previously created event.
- Toggle the Submit to University Calendar switch on to indicate you have met all approval requirements.
- Click the Publish button in the top right to publish your event.
- Click the gear icon in the top right corner (next to the publish button) to open the event menu.
- Click Push with Updates in the menu list.
- In the Share Content window, use the dropdown to select Calendar (the university calendar site) under Select Site To Send To.
- Click Share Content.
- You should see a banner above the event indicating that it has been pushed to Calendar.
- The event is pushed to the calendar website as a draft.
- The University Communications calendar director will receive an email message indicating that you have shared your event to the calendar.
- Once approved, the event will be published and appear at calendar.byu.edu.